Sunday 14 November 2010

Evaluation of Prelim Task

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PnWvZmJC8M

In general, I am very pleased with how our video has turned out, we managed to incorporate all of the various shot types into it, except the dutch angle. This is because we couldn't find an appropriate place to use it, as it would have looked very out of place, and confusing. Unfortunately, in evaluating the video, having already produced it, I can notice that we broke the 180 degree rule, by having the high angle shots of Lara going over the other side of me, rather than maintaining the shots from the other side of the room. We had experienced some problems using the imovie program (the black and white function wasn't working), however, we were able to sort it out on another Mac, and I think it has worked very well and helped to develop the style of the film we wanted (old, Godfather-like). The main thing that I'm not as pleased with, is filming in school (it was the easiest thing for me and Lara to do) so the background setting appears to be a classroom and there are computers and even a bottle of Lucasade in certain shots. In the proper project, I will ensure that the set will be more professional and a better representation of the plot/situation. All in all, I am happy with the way we worked together and have produced a decent preliminary project.

(I apologise for the lateness of the post - I only realised I hadn't published it when I checked my blog earlier today)

No comments: